Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Culinary Exploration

There is a lot of great confectionery places to visit in Seattle, however I never seem to have a chance to visit any of them. Since we were heading to the Woodland Park Zoo I decided that we should detour and check a few of them out.

First stop Trophy Cupcakes...oooo, ahhhh yummy! Since our budget is tight we all sampled one divine chocolate cupcake. I am defiantly going back for more!
Next stop was Theo's Chocolates. This wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be, but it was still worth the stop. We got to sample all of their chocolates - boy what a explosion of flavor in my mouth. The most extreme one was a Spicy Chili Pepper Chocolate bar - yuck, not even my spicy lovin' brother would like it.
After the zoo I got to go the the "palace" for bakers! HEAVEN!!!! The Home Cake Decorating Supply Co. is a 30 year old, hole in the wall store that has everything an aspiring baker like me would need. If she doesn't have it here...then a probably don't need it! I am so inspired to bake up a storm now. I am working on a few special things for Ellyson's 1st birthday party!
Our final stop for the day was a delicious dinner at Buca Di Beppo. We normally can not afford a tasty supper like this...but this frugal mama had 2 coupons for free food who-hoo! Since we were there a little bit before the dinner rush we got to sit at their famous kitchen table. The head chef was awesome in spoiling our kids with spaghetti and ice cream. It was so good and cheap too!

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

You didn't tell me you went to Bucca di Peppo (however you spell it!). I still have never been there!

Heather said...

Holly-this sounds like such a fun day, right up my alley too! The baking palace-oooh I would love that. Have you ever looked at Bake it Pretty?http://www.bakeitpretty.com/item_311/Cupcakes-101-Kit.htm
Once again too bad we are not closer, we could have a marathon baking day just like our marathon card making time!